The Arts Route directs you to artists, artisans and galleries across Hastings County. The Arts Route creates a trail of discovery to painters, potters, jewellery makers, photographers and other creative people. Travel the Arts Route at your leisure, at your own pace, enjoying beautiful local artwork.
Join a regional art and cultural route that stretches throughout Hastings County, connecting artists, artisans, galleries and theatres. Whether its pottery, fibre arts, woodworking, or performing arts, the Arts Route showcases its communities’ most talented visual and performing artists.
The Arts Route is a membership-driven initiative that began in 2011 as a result of Hastings County’s Tourism Master Plan. It focuses on marketing its members to visitors traveling in our region, and assists its members in attracting new clients. Through partnerships with local destination marketing organizations, there is a wealth of marketing opportunities that members benefit from as a collective group.
How to become a member:
- Review the Membership Criteria
- Complete the Member Application form
- Chat with the Tourism Development Coordinator
- Pay the annual membership fee
Deadline for 2015 membership benefits is March 1st, 2015.
*Sign up today and get free promotion for remaining months of 2014.
Membership Fee Structure
$50 Membership (+HST) – includes a basic directory listing (contact information, location, logo) and a window decal.
$150 Membership (+ HST) – includes a basic directory listing placed at the top of the directory, a profile page on the website, a window decal, a metal route sign, and placement on the route rack card map.
- Mobile-friendly website with directories for the North and South regions – www.artsoute.ca receives 2,500+ hits annually
- Arts Route rack cards with a directory map for the North and South regions (5,000 copies)
- Arts Route road signage on local municipal roads
- Official window decal and/or sign for business display
- Use of the Arts Route logo in business advertising
- Tradeshow and Event Promotion by Hastings County
- Advertising – regional and local:
- Exposure in the Hastings County Tourism Guide (5,000 copies)
- Promotion on visithastings.ca website (17,000+ hits annually)
- Social media marketing by Hastings County
For more information about the Arts Route and how to become a member, please contact Kasey Pollard, Tourism Development Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-966-6712 ext. 4012.
Criteria to Participate:
1. Offer a tangible tourist experience primarily derived from original and authentic work of local visual and professional performing artists and artisans including, but not limited to, painting, sculpture, pottery, jewellery, photography, glass, ceramics, weaving, blacksmithing, tapestry, carving and live theatre.
2. Must be a business located within Hastings County and/or the Cities of Belleville & Quinte West.
3. Be market-ready:
- Provide accessibility to washrooms within walking distance
- Signage (clear signage of name of studio/artist/business)
- Parking within walking distance
- Healthy and safe environment
4. If business has a web presence (i.e. website, blog, social media), it must link to the Arts Route website from the business site.
5. For $150 membership:
- Post consistent hours of operation and adhere to them.
- Be open for at least seven consecutive months in a year or more.
- Proof liability insurance for $2 million coverage.
The Arts Route is membership driven and developed and operated by the Hastings County Economic Development Office, in partnership with the arts community, and supported by seed money from our Community Futures Development Corporation in Bancroft and Trenval Business Development Corporation. It is a result of the County’s Economic Development Action Plan and Tourism Development Project.
Special thank-you to Cedar Gate Media for offering the design of the Arts Route logo.